Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) provides advisory services related to labor relations, management employee relations, employee benefits, recruitment and appropriated fund position management / classification.
Benefits / OWCP / Retirement
See information below on Employment, Benefits, Retirement, Pay &
Leave and the AFGE Local 738 Union or call us to help answer any
question you may have.
Develop and deliver a customer focused, management owned civilian personnel management program that will attract, develop, and retain a diverse and highly competent civilian workforce. Partner with managers in accomplishing the mission by helping insure the civilian workforce is highly trained, motivated, well-informed and fairly treated.
- Excellence is our standard. We achieve professionalism, competence, and credibility by assuring quality and value in everything we do
- Customer satisfaction is our focus. We strive to understand our diverse customers' needs and design our services to satisfy those needs. We care for our customer just as we care for each other.
- Teamwork is our pride. We ensure our success through teamwork and trust. Customers are a valuable part of our team.
- Integrity is our foundation. We hold to the highest standard of personal and professional ethics
We welcome your feedback on our service.
Go to our Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) Comment Card.
Open vacancies are currently listed on www.usajobs.gov.
Learn more about getting started with USAJOBS.
The Department of Defense Military Spouse Preference Program (S) - a subprogram of the Priority Placement Program (PPP) - provides statutory employment preference to military spouses. By giving military spouses priority in the employment selection process, Program S works to reduce the impact of frequent relocations on spouse's careers. For requirements and eligibility information, view the Priority Placement Program Fact Sheet.
The Army Benefit Center - Civilian (ABC-C) is located at Ft. Riley, Kansas. The ABC-C provides automated benefits support to Army-serviced appropriated fund employees through the Employee Benefits Information System (EBIS) and trained benefits Specialists can assist with your enrollment process for the following benefits:
- Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) provides comprehensive health insurance. You can choose from fee-for-service plans, health maintenance organizations, consumer-driven plans and high deductible health plans. View plan information and current premiums.
- Federal Employees Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) provides group term life insurance. If you are in a FEGLI-eligible position, you are automatically covered under Basic life insurance, unless you choose to waive that coverage. You can also elect Optional insurance for you, and/or your eligible family members. View plan information and current premiums.
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) is a retirement savings and investment plan for Federal employees. TSP is a defined contribution plan that offers Federal employees the same type of savings and tax benefits that many private corporations offer their employees under 401(k) plans.
Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP) provides comprehensive dental insurance and vision insurance. FEDVIP features nationwide, regional, and international plans.
View plan information and current premiums.
Federal Flexible Spending Account Program (known as FSAFEDS) allows you to set aside money from your paycheck, before taxes are deducted. You incur eligible health care and/or child care/elder care expenses and then receive reimbursement from that pre-tax money. Enrolling in FSAFEDS will lower the amount of income tax you pay because the amount you allot to your FSAFEDS account(s) is not taxed. You can end up saving anywhere from 20% to 40% on eligible products and services.
Federal Long Term Care Insurance Plan (FLTCIP) offers insurance that helps cover the costs of certain long term care services. Long term care is the assistance you receive to perform activities of daily living or supervision you receive because of a severe cognitive impairment. Your premium is based on your age on the date you apply as well as the benefit options you select. The FLTCIP is medically underwritten. Certain medical conditions, or combinations of conditions, will prevent some people from qualifying for coverage.
The Army Benefits Center - Civilian (ABC-C) understands that retirement is a very important topic. One of the most important steps in planning for your retirement will be to request an estimate. If you are within 5 years of retirement eligibility, you may request an estimate from the ABC-C by calling a retirement counselor at 1-877-276-9287.
It is best to familiarize yourself with the information "Planning for Retirement". You may also view the self-paced slide shows at your convenience.
Military Buyback Post 56 Deposit (FERS) is a period of military service that may be credited for retirement and death benefits. View eligibility requirements and how to get started.
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) provides leadership on Federal pay and leave administration policies and programs. View OPM Pay & Leave webpage.
You may contact the Union Office at 684-5251.
View the Collective Bargaining Agreement